For the Coconut Rice:
- 1½ cup Della Jasmine Rice with Sesame & Ginger
- 1 (15 oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
For the Salad:
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- ¾ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cashews, finely chopped
For the Ginger Peanut Sauce: (I used the Ginger People Ginger Peanut Sauce which you can find at Whole Foods for under $5, or you can try your hand at this homemade version)
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Water (to thin)
- Rinse your rice in a colander until water runs clear.
- In a medium-sized pot, mix together the rice, coconut milk, garlic, salt, and water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once the pot reaches a rolling boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn off heat and let sit (with lid on) for an additional 10 minutes.
- As you wait for the rice, make the peanut sauce. (If making homemade. If not, you can skip step 6)
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 15 seconds, or until the peanut butter thins. Stir well. Add the ginger, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Stir again. Thin as desired with water.
- Fluff the rice and combine it with the chopped vegetables and cashews. Drizzle with the Ginger Peanut Sauce to taste. ENJOY!