These shrimp tacos are perfect for your next casual, fun summer fiesta! They come together in about 20 min, leaving you just enough time to sip a margarita and as you cook! For this recipe I wanted to keep things citrusy and bright, so I started by a simple pineapple salsa, added my go-to cilantro lime rice, and finished with delicious spicy shrimp. I recommend laying your ingredients out on a table in bright bowls and plates and letting your guests assemble their own. Everyone loves a good DIY taco bar! This is such a great light, summery meal. I’ll be making it again very soon!
Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Rice
Cilantro Lime Rice:
1 ½ C Della Light Brown Basmati, cooked as directed
1 tsp lime zest
2 tbsp lime juice
½ C chopped cilantro
½ Pineapple, diced
½ Red Onion, diced
¼ C Cilantro, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, diced
½ Serrano Pepper*, seeded and diced
Juice of a lime
Salt, pepper, cumin, to taste
1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp old bay or preferred spice blend
Juice of a lime
* You may want to omit the serrano pepper, or spicy seasoning if you are sensitive to spice
- Cook rice as directed. As rice is cooking, peel and devein the shrimp and marinate in a bowl with lime and seasoning. Prep and chop fruits and vegetables for the pineapple salsa.
- Combine all ingredients for the pineapple salsa into a bowl, allow to sit and flavors to marry, about 15-20 min.
- Cook the shrimp. Grill or sauté for 3-4 , or until pink and cooked through.
- Stir the lime zest, juice, and cilantro into the cooked rice just before serving
- Serve with corn tortillas and preferred toppings!